Andrew Warner, the Founder of Mixergy, did over 2,000 interviews with remarkable guests. Here are his 5 tips on how to get interview guests for your podcast.
1. Look for motivated moments: times when people are super-motivated to do interviews.
Examples: New product launched, Book is about to be published
2. Partner with another site, blogger, etc. and do interviews for them...
But make sure you agree that you can publish on your podcast too.
3. Suggest you’re doing it for a new medium (plus your podcast).
So you‘ll get more people to say ‘yes’ to a stranger asking them to do an interview for TikTok than for yet another podcast.
4. Focus your podcast at a small community and its members.
You can do that with Facebook groups, Slack groups, Discourse, etc.
5. Ask every single guest you interview to introduce you to others.
Good guests know other good guests. If they did it, that’s a lot of credibility with people they’ll introduce you to.
Check out Business of Animation's blog for more in-depth tips on how to grow your animation business!