Here are 15 work-from-home productivity tips for motion designers:
1. Write down your tasks to save time remembering them. It's also good to divide your tasks into small ones.
2. Plan an effective routine. Don't forget to include self-care in your schedule too.
3. Find other motivated artists or animators and work with them. Hold each other accountable.
4. Restrict yourself or your team with realistic deadlines.
5. Learn keyboard shortcuts. They’re easy to learn and you’ll get tasks done faster and easier.
6. Done is better than perfect.
7. Use a time tracker tool/app.
8. Experience the benefit of using dual (or multiple) monitors.
Numerous studies have found that there's a significant increase in productivity when using multiple displays. By doing so, it reduces the time it takes to move from one window to another on a single screen laptop or desktop.
9. Keep your desk and workspace bare.
Treat every object as an imposition upon your attention, because it is. A workspace is not a place for storing things. It is a place for accomplishing things.
10. Prepare everything you need and put them within your reach to not waste time looking for them.
11. Make distractions inconvenient.
Turn off or pause unimportant notifications and block your access to irrelevant websites and ads.
12. Set a boundary between home and work to avoid overworking (ex: designate a place only for working)
13. Take off-screen breaks and get some sunshine.
14. Reward yourself after completing challenges.
15. Find time for learning and improvement.
Attend online classes, keep drawing, or try out other animation or illustration styles.