What are the things you wish you learned sooner as a freelance animator?
Here are 15 more things that you can either relate to or can newly learn:
1. You have to qualify for every opportunity.
2. You can say no to clients.
3. Your animation services don't always have to compete with others. It can complement others' services too.
4. Contracts are imperative.
5. Grow your network and build relationships.
6. Following up with leads works.
7. It pays to be proactive. But then, also learn to embrace unpredictability.
8. There will be cycles of feast and famine.
9. Reputation is key. This is a significant factor to help you get more referrals, and most especially, clients.
10. Things will be easier if you have a website.
11. As you invest in developing your animation business, also invest in learning new skills.
12. Difficult clients are surprisingly common.
13. Practice a growth mindset to combat imposter syndrome and unhealthy comparisons.
14. Being your own boss is both exciting and challenging.
15. Freelancing is not for everybody.