Many freelance animators have experienced this issue. Clients aren't always willing to pay what you're worth. But don't cut your rates as a result! Communicate the value of your service and find more clients who value you.
Have You Ever Been Asked to Cut Down Your Rate by a Potential Client?
What Are the Initial Responses That Come to Your Mind?
- Absolutely not.
- Why don't you think I'm worth it?
- What! Are you serious?!
- I could, but then I'd have to pay for it out of my own pocket.
But If You Think About It, This is an Opportunity to Justify Your Rate
So Here are 4 Ways to Deal With the Situation...
- Before quoting a price, describe in detail the value of your services.
- Use good/better/best price anchors to persuade them that the middle option is the most appealing
- Consider reducing your services to match their reduced price if you really want to work with them.
- Finally, recognize that this could be a red flag that you should not work with them.
Tired of Not Knowing How to Get New Animation Clients?
Sign up for our FREE Masterclass!