Many freelance animators know this struggle. Sometimes clients are just not willing to pay what you deserve. But don't lower your rates because of it! Explain your service value and find better clients who appreciate you.
Have you ever been asked to cut down your rate by a potential client?
What are the initial responses that come to your mind?
- Absolutely not.
- Why don't you think I'm worth it?
- What! Are you serious?!
- I could, but then I'd have to pay for it out of my own pocket.
But if you think about it, you are given an opportunity to justify your rate.
So here are 4 ways to deal with the situation...
- Prior to quoting a price, describe in detail the value of your services.
- Utilize good/better/best price anchors so they perceive the middle option as the most attractive.
- Consider reducing your services to match their reduced price if you really want to work with them.
- Finally, recognize that this might be a warning sign not to work with them.