Are you just starting as a freelance animator and you're looking for proven effective tips to succeed in your freelancing journey?
Here's a list of dos and don'ts as a new freelance animator:
- Determine your unique advantage over other freelance animators
- Start by generalizing at least 3 to 4 niches then specialize after building experience and credibility.
- Wait until you learn about a specific service before offering it. Learn as soon and as much as possible.
- Continue working with lowballer clients.
- Learn how to get more out of client relationships. (i.e : referrals, feedback)
- Connect with other freelancers.
- Set realistic goals every month.
- Not raising your rate over time.
- Constantly compare yourself with other freelancers.
- Enter freelancing full-time without saving up 6 months of expenses.