Need some help networking in order to grow your animation business? Here are 9 effective networking tips for animators.
1. Make your website and social media profiles presentable.
2. Decide what's best for your brand's social media presence.
Some prefer to use separate accounts for professional and personal use. Some integrate the two. It all depends on your brand goals and the relationship you want to build with your target audience.
3. Personalize and keep your profiles updated.
4. To boost your online presence:
Create valuable content (social media posts and website or blog posts). Use visuals such as photos, videos, etc. Be an active user and engage with your audience.
5. Courtesy is a must, whether an interaction is done online or offline.
6. When at social networking events...
Dress appropriately. Listen. Don't only focus on yourself. Practice small talk. Keep it casual. Don't be afraid to ask and share what you know. Don't monopolize one or two people for long periods of time. Maintain good eye contact and do firm handshakes.
7. Be prepared.
Remember your goals. Prepare your pitch. Get your contact information ready (example: business cards). Do your research!
8. To help you ease your mind...
Bring a friend or a colleague with you for an easy start or who can show you the ropes. Take breaks if you need to. (Fellow introverts, where you at?)
9. Follow-up and keep in touch.
Show appreciation in any way you can (a simple thank you message or email will do). Send them a friendly note, an invitation, etc.
Oh! One last important reminder: keep networking!
Check out Business of Animation's blog for more in-depth tips on how to grow your animation business!