Along with the growing industry of animation, here are 6 major problems that animators deal with:
1) COMPETITION is fiercer than before...since anyone can easily learn animation online.
2) The biggest animation studios are OUTSOURCING their work to low-wage countries. When they do hire locally, it's nearly impossible to get a job with them due to outrageous demands.
3) DIY ANIMATION TOOLS like Vyond and Powtoon have made it super easy for non-animators to make animated videos.
4) CLIENT BUDGETS seem to be getting smaller and smaller.
5) Even when you do get a client they typically JUST MAKE ONE VIDEO and that's it. So you constantly have to find new clients.
6) If you're one of the rare few who gets a job at a big animation studio, it's definitely not the DREAM JOB you think it is. (Low pay, long hours, can't work remotely, etc.)
Check out Business of Animation's blog for more in-depth tips on how to grow your animation business!