AI-assisted animation is the future for AI in the animation space. Instead of using AI as an animator, AI should be used as a supplement for animators. The beauty of the human element in animation is irreplaceable, but the efficiency and capabilities of AI are unmatched.
In this blog, we'll talk about the endless possibilities of AI-assisted animation for animators, how it can shape the future of the animation industry, and various examples of how animators today are utilizing this technology to create next level animations.
Is AI-Assisted Animation Possible?
The answer is yes! The following are some ways animators are utilizing AI-assisted animation. But you need to remember, every AI has it's limits and at the helm of everything an animator's touch is still part of it!
- Character creation: AI can help animators create characters that look more human-like by learning from real people and analyzing their movements, expressions and emotions. Animators can then use this data to animate their own characters in a more realistic way than ever before.
- Scene creation: AI can also be used by animators when creating scenes for movies or video games by automatically generating the environments needed for each scene based on its description provided by humans (for example "a forest" or "a room"). This process enables faster production times without sacrificing quality as well as making it easier for artists who don't have technical skills knowledge about programming computers with code languages such as C++ etc...
- World building: By combining several types of techniques including machine learning algorithms and neural networks with traditional artistic methods like concept art sketches/drawings plus sculpting clay figures outwards towards completion - we could potentially create entire universes from scratch using nothing more than imagination alone!
This technology of AI-assisted animation could be applied to a wide variety of other industries as well including: architecture, fashion design and even robotics so that our creations can learn how to behave like living beings with realistic personalities and emotions rather than just machines that do what they're told.
How Can AI Help the Animation Process?
AI can help the animation process by providing tools and services to animators. Animation is a creative process that requires human interaction and creativity to create high quality work. Animators will be able to use AI as a tool in their workflow, by incorporating it into their daily tasks such as planning, storyboarding and editing.
AI cannot replace human animators, but instead, it can assist them with some of their workloads so they have more time left over for creating animations themselves.
The future of animation will likely be a mix of both human-made animations and ones created with some assistance from artificial intelligence technology
More Examples of AI-Assisted Animation & Why It Helps!
AI can be used in many different ways to make your work easier and faster. Here are some examples of how you might use AI in your next animation project:
- AI is great for creating realistic facial expressions on characters because it knows exactly how the human face works!
- If you're working on an animated film or TV show with many characters, using artificial intelligence will give them all unique personalities without having to spend hours drawing each one's face from scratch!
- It's also useful when making videos featuring hand-drawn artwork like animation cels; this way artists don't have to worry about spending too much time drawing every single frame by hand (which can take forever).
What's the Difference Between AI-Assisted Animation and AI in Animation?
GIF via GIPHY
AI-assisted animation is a new way of supplementing human animations.
It uses AI to help with the animation process started with a "human touch." This kind of workflow can be very effective in speeding up and improving your animation quality, but it's not the same as AI in animation or AI animation from the ground up. In fact, most people prefer to use traditional methods when they want to create something from scratch or just want more control over their work process.
The reason is that AI-assisted animation still requires humans to help it out. When you use this method, the AI gives suggestions and makes changes based on the data it's been given. But if you want to go beyond what this technology can do right now, then you'll need a different approach.
Will AI-Assisted Animation Be The Future of Animation?
AI-assisted animation will change the way animators work and make their job easier. Animators are always looking for ways to improve their skills, and AI-assisted animation is one such way that can help them in this regard.
As mentioned earlier, animators use computers to create animations that look realistic and believable when compared with real-life humans or animals. This makes it possible for animators to create better quality animations than ever before by using traditional methods alone!
In addition to improving their own workflows, animators also need tools that allow them access information quickly so they don't waste time searching through tons of data manually before making decisions about how things should move on screen (or even off screen).
AI-Assisted Animation Will Help Animators, Not Replace Them!
The future of animation is bright, and AI can help us to create better animations. It's important for animators to understand what AI can do for them and how it can be used in the animation process. It's also crucial that we don't lose sight of what makes great animation so special: human creativity!
For more information about AI-assisted animations, as well as answers to any other questions you might have, be sure to follow our blogs, check out our free masterclass, and our Animation Business Accelerator Program, download a copy of our free marketing handbook, and check out our blog on “How to Start an Animation Studio”!