Whether you’re a freelance animator or own an animation studio, using a survey is a valuable way to receive feedback. Surveys can serve numerous functions, but their main purpose is to gather feedback and information for market research.
Surveys for animation businesses are simple and easy to make, especially if you find survey templates for animators. Learning how to conduct surveys for your animation business helps you to learn more about your clients and what you can do to improve.
Using information from your surveys will help you to do market research that enables you to understand trends in the animation industry. This blog post will show you how to conduct an effective survey that will benefit you, your animation business. and your animation clients.
What Is a Survey for Animation Clients?
An online survey is a document filled with questions that your animation clients can answer to provide feedback. These questions can be written in various ways. These are a few different ways to structure a survey:
- Survey Questionnaire - You can create a survey questionnaire. Type out all of the questions you may have for your animation clients, and leave space for answering them.
- Ask for detailed feedback - Maybe you’d like more personally detailed feedback from your animation clients. If so, your survey can be filled with a few questions that ask for longer, more detailed questions.
- Multiple choice question - You may want to make a survey that is more time-friendly for your animation clients. Using multiple-choice questions is a great way to get feedback and avoid scaring your clients away.
- Rating scale - Many people are deterred by surveys that ask too much. They don’t want to write long detailed answers, and aren’t in the mood to read long questions. In this case, a rating scale is a perfect way to gauge your animation clients’ feelings toward your animation business.
You may be asking yourself, what is the purpose of surveying for animators? Your animation client survey should be used to improve your animation business, as it’s a source of feedback that can help your business grow.
Feedback from your clients is a great way to learn what your clients are thinking about your business. A survey can also help you to determine whether implementing an idea for your business is a good idea or not.
For example, if you’ve decided you want to expand your business in a specific way, but it may be costly and risky, using a survey can help you out. Potential or loyal animation clients can let you know whether your idea is something they’d be interested in or not.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Conducting Surveys for Animation Businesses
As with anything, there are advantages and disadvantages to using surveys. It’s important to consider both the pros and cons of making surveys, so you can determine whether it’s something that will benefit you.
Advantages of Conducting Online Surveys
There are many advantages to starting an animation business, the main one being its ability to help your business improve. Surveys are a valuable source of market research. When you’re starting an animation business, it’s crucial to do market research.
Market research is an important part of any successful business, as it helps you to understand the animation industry you’re aiming to succeed in. When you conduct online surveys, you can discover a lot about your target audience and what they want to see from you.
This market research helps you to create an animation business that differs from your competitors. You’re able to deliver what your animation clients want, and this gets you to repeat clients who will provide more business to your animation company.
It’s also an inexpensive way to collect data. All you have to do is create a survey and conduct it in the way that suits your business best. Creating a survey is simple and it doesn’t require you to outsource work.
Surveys can be a reliable source of data for you. The most valuable information is data that comes directly from your clients. Making your surveys anonymous can also make clients feel comfortable enough to be completely honest about their feelings toward your animation business.
It provides you with an avenue to communicate with your animation clients. Your animation clients should feel heard by you. This helps them feel more satisfied with your services, and it keeps your animation clients happy.
Using a survey is a great way to communicate with your clients, as it gives them the space to express their possible concerns.
Disadvantages of Conducting Online Surveys
On the other hand, there are also disadvantages you may experience when conducting surveys. You may not receive a large enough quantity of data. Unfortunately, you can’t be certain that your surveys will be a success.
Sometimes people don’t have the time to answer surveys and they choose not to. This can make conducting surveys unsuccessful for your animation company because you don’t receive all the feedback you need. Clients’ answers may also not be honest.
Although surveys can be reliable because they’re from potential and current clients, they still may not be answering honestly. Some people like to sugarcoat information when they’re online, and this can give you a false perception of what your clients want from you.
Surveys may seem one-sided to your animation clients. Your animation clients may not want to participate in online surveys, as it can feel like an unresponsive way of communicating with a business.
A good alternative for this is introducing live chat solutions to your website. Having a live chat on your website has many benefits for your animation business, as it’s an effective and professional way to communicate with your animation clients.
It can be tricky to take on negative criticism. When you create a survey to get criticism from your clients, you may be faced with the feedback you were unprepared for.
Although criticism is necessary to receive, it can be difficult to handle at times. Unfortunately, people can be a lot harsher with criticism online, but it’s important not to take it to heart.
You should proceed by asking yourself, do the pros outweigh the cons? At the end of the day, what do you have to lose? Conducting surveys is affordable and doesn’t take up a lot of time, so if you don’t get the responses you’d hope you get, it’s not the end of the world.
Ultimately, using surveys is a great way to provide customer service. It can provide you with far more good than bad. And if you choose a survey style that doesn’t suit you, why not try different types of surveys out and see what works for you and your animation clients?
How to Conduct Online Surveys for Animation Businesses
GIF by Tony Babel via Giphy
As we’ve established, learning how to conduct online surveys for your animation clients is a great way to improve your animation business. But, do you know how to create a survey that works best for your business? Here’s how to conduct surveys in a step by step guide:
- Determine who the survey is for - Consider your target market, and who your clients are and cater your surveys to them. Knowing your animation niche will help you to understand who your animation survey is for.
- Choose your survey format - This is where you decide what format of survey you should use, and how you plan on sharing them with your animation clients. It’s up to you to choose a format that you think will work best for your animation clients.
- Design your survey - Once you’ve prepared the information for your survey, it’s time to formulate your questions and survey layout.
Formulating the right survey questions is critical, as you want to create a survey that provides you with valuable feedback.
For example, an effectively written question would be relative to your animation business. If your business focuses on 2D animation then an effective question would look something like this, “What type of 2D animation would you be interested in getting from us?”
Whereas, an ineffective question is more unrelated to your business. In this case scenario, an example of this would be, “What type of 3D animation are you looking for?”
It may take time and practice for you to find the right questions to ask animation clients.
There are various survey template layouts you can choose from, and these will be discussed later on in the article.
- Share your surveys - Once you’ve created your surveys, consider where’s the best platform to share them. You can choose to share your surveys on various platforms, so you can get maximum participation.
- Use surveys during projects - Another way to share surveys is by creating surveys for your current animation clients. You can give them a survey during or after your projects with them, so they can give you feedback on their experience with your animation business.
- Analyze the data - After you’ve shared your surveys and you’ve gotten responses, it’s time for you to take a look at the information you’ve gotten.
The feedback that you get from your animation clients is the most important part of this survey process.
Take note of all the feedback, and determine what you can do to solve the issues that have been shared on your surveys.
- Put results into action - It’s time for you to use the feedback and criticism you’ve received to improve and grow your animation business. Consider all the suggestions from your animation clients, and use what you think will help your business thrive.
How to Share Your Surveys to Animation Clients
GIF by Baroness Von Sketch via GIPHY
How you share your survey makes a big impact on how successful your results are. You can outsource your surveys in many ways, including the following
- Your website - It’s valuable to have a website when you have an animation business. These are some tips that will help you to learn how to create a website for animators. This is also a suitable platform for you to outsource your survey by promoting your survey on your page.
- Your projects - When you have projects with your animation clients, you can share surveys with them. This can help them to communicate
- Emails - If you have an email list filled with clients or people subscribed to your website, then you can share your survey through emails.
By sharing your survey through your email, you can write a custom message that entices your clients to participate. Learning email marketing skills will help you to learn how to use your email as a form of communication and marketing with your animation clients.
- Social media platforms - As an animator, it’s a good idea to use social media platforms to get yourself out there. You can use these accounts to share your survey and receive feedback.
- Physical surveys - Sharing your surveys online is convenient and simple. However, you can also choose to take a more physical approach. If you have clients visiting your animation studio, you can give them a survey that helps them to rate their satisfaction with your service.
When choosing how to get your surveys outsourced, consider where they will get the most attention. Ask yourself the following questions to determine which avenue is the best for you:
- Where are your potential clients and how can you target them?
- Where can you reach your loyal clients?
- Should I use multiple platforms to get my survey more participation?
Survey Templates for Animators
As established earlier, there are different survey formats that you can use when making your survey. Check out these 28 survey templates to give yourself a better understanding of the different types of templates you can use.
Knowing the various forms of questionnaires helps you to choose one that suits your business best! These are different examples of survey formats you can use.
You can find out more about your target market by asking them multiple-choice questions like these. This helps you to understand who your potential animation clients are what your animation business should do to improve.
Another way to use a survey for your animation clients is by sending them questionnaires before starting projects with them. This helps you to gather information about your animation clients and what they want from your project.
You can also use a survey that acts as an evaluation process for your animation clients. Asking them how they feel about the animation you’ve produced shows you whether they’re satisfied with the work you’ve done or not. It will also help you to discover what you need to improve on.
Along with survey templates, many platforms help you to make and host surveys. These are affordable, and they can be very helpful if you’re a first-time survey creator. Countless platforms help you to produce surveys, such as the following:
- Google Forms
- Survey Monkey
- Here is a list of 10 free survey software that you can look into
Why and How You Can Conduct Surveys for Animation Clients
Surveys for animation companies are a valuable way to collect feedback for your animation business. To be successful in the animation industry, it’s important to listen to what your animation clients have to say about your business.
Conducting surveys is an affordable and relatively simple way to do market research and learn more about your animation clients.
There are many free online survey tools and templates that can help you to make the most suitable surveys for your animation clients. To learn more about creating a successful animation business watch our free masterclass and download a copy of our free marketing handbook.